What lockdown has taught me - it is time to reflect
It is day 62 of South African lockdown and it is important to reflect on what lockdown has taught us and what is important to us moving forward.
The lockdown has taught me that it’s not about quantity it’s about quality. Spending time with my close family and getting to know them better has been invaluable and special. Despite the anxiety about the future, the well-being of the Moments staff and business as a whole, the time away has really helped give perspective and understanding what really matters in life and who matters!
It has taught me that working so hard and missing out on the special moments in life can be counter productive. I need to find a better work family balance post Covid pandemic.
Time waits for no one – seize the moment!
The lockdown has challenged and tested relationships. It has given a clear indication whether your partner is the right one and whether it is meant to be .
Lockdown has also shown me those friends and family who are there for a long time not just a good time and who I miss the most. It has given me some perspective who I want to spend the special moments with, like birthdays, celebrations, weddings etc.
Celebrate with those that matter and important to you
Lockdown has taught me to treasure the time I spend with my grandparents (I am so lucky to have them), my parents and siblings. I need to find more time for them because life is too short. We need to find more time to celebrate and create special moments together! Family first and everything else afterwards.
Host small functions and find a reason to celebrate
The Covid pandemic has taught me that we don’t know what the future brings. We can’t put life on hold. We need to make life decisions and we got to celebrate the special moments in life.
It is important going forward to celebrate life, birthdays, achievements and mile stones, with those that matter. Take lots of pictures, laugh together and appreciate one another.
How to seize the moment and make it count.
- Plan those functions to celebrate together.
- Identify those people that you want to celebrate with. Small functions will be the new normal.
- Take covid into consideration like disinfect common areas, face masks and temperature checks and protect the elderly (but don’t exclude them).
- Identify service providers to make your function memorable. Choose their services that are interactive, fun and different. The service must be tailored for a small function.
- Hire a professional to make your event memorable. We recommend Outlandish Events as we have worked with them for a while and they do a really great job.
Here’s our recommendation of services we offer for smaller functions:
- A gin or whiskey bar with one of our Mixologists explaining the different gins and whiskeys and pairing with food, fruit, chocolate etc.
- A build-your-own hot chocolate and milkshake bar. Freak milkshakes and hot chocolates are fun to make and our talented staff can teach guests how to make the ultimate freak milkshake or freak hot chocolate.
- Our rolled ice-cream bar is great. It is fun and interactive. We custom make all favours and our talented rollers can teach your guests how to roll. It is an art.
- Our mocktail bar is great. Our talented barmen will teach guests how to make the perfect mocktail and garnish it differently. It’s fun and challenging.
- Our crepe bar is also interactive – our staff will teach guests how to make the perfect crepe. It is harder than it looks!
- Our build-your-own pizza bar is fun. Our chefs will teach you how to make a great pizza.
Moments’ is a dynamic dessert and beverage bar company. We offer a large range of delicious food and beverage solutions for events of all natures. These events include; corporate events (team builds/ tradeshows/product launches/PR events), expos, weddings, private functions & parties, and activations.
Our vision is to help you create memorable moments through our decadent offerings and our seamless event planning & implementation. We will be there every step of the way, assisting with all the details, so you can be at ease while planning your event or special occasion.
Booking a small interactive function with Moments
In order to quote we require the following:
- Date and time of event
- Number of people to cater for
- Location of event
- Product(s) interested in